Monday, October 13, 2008

Man Shaped Box



Living life as your Johnny Depp
I figured out what you desired
I wanted to give you so much
Yet nice looks were all you sought

Pleasing your wildest fantasies
I was your perfect man
With hazel eyes and blond hair
I proved to be your own superman

I could be a serial killer
I could be a sexual predator
You couldn't care a dime
I just needed to have a great face
And all was really fine

Personality and credibility
Never matter to you
You couldn't care less about sense of humour
If I had my nose dead center

Feelings have taken the backstage
Flat abs and six packs take the front seat
My sexy little self now cries out in revolt
It has had enough of living in a man shaped box.

p.s. Thank You Teri for being the inspiration that you have been in my literary life. Without your brilliant critique perhaps i would never have written.